Mechanical Engineering - Energy, Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
This MSc Programme provides a solid professional engineering specialization, strengthening the graduates’ innovation capacities as well as their ability to integrate knowledge in complex problem solving with firm autonomy.
Aligned with this professional perspective, the students can choose to develop, as the final phase of their studies, either a thesis of strict scientific nature, an original and innovative project or an internship in a company followed by a critical report.
The main objectives of the Master's Programme in Mechanical Engineering – Energy, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration are to deepen the knowledge on Mechanical Engineering subjects, energy profile, with special focus on heating ventilation and air conditioning of buildings, as well as industrial and commercial refrigeration. The students will improve their skills in a vast variety of subjects and will finish the programme with the ability to:
- Solve problems on energy management, renewable energies, energetic and environmental sustainability and numerical modeling
- Design air conditioning and refrigeration systems, integrating the most advanced technological developments, abiding the applicable standards and legislation, namely of the Energy Performance Certification of Buildings
- Ensure the maintenance management of physical assets required by the functional needs, complexity and technological dimension of the facilities
Classes are held from Monday to Friday, from 6:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Tuition and Fees 2022/2023
National Students: 1100 Euros
International Students*: 2000 Euros
Application Fee: 50 Euros
Registration Fee and School Insurance: 175 Euros
Note: The tuition of this course can be paid in 10 installments, being the first at the time of registration and the remaining in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June.
* in accordance with Decree-Law No. 36/2014, changed by Decree-Law No.62/2018, of 6th August, international students are nationals of a country which is not a Member State of the European Union and are not a legally resident in Portugal for more than 2 uninterrupted years by 1st of January of the enrolment year
The specialized curriculum of this master's programme will allow the access to professional activities certified by professional associations, namely:
- Design of HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Energy auditing and energy management
- Maintenance management of systems and facilities
- Research and technological development